Forum

Welcome to the discussion forum  

RSS

rkolts
24/01/2017 12:47 am  

Hi Everyone,  welcome to the discussion forum.  The forum is intended to a place to share support, inspiration, information, and resources with one another.  Welcome!

Edited: 1 year  ago

ReplyQuote
Stillwaterpoet
26/01/2017 7:43 pm  

Hello! I have been so incredibly emotional since the election, especially the last few days, with all the new developments and Executive Orders. I have wept and prayed to find a way, that a 58 year old woman like me, living in the red state of Montana, can make a difference. I believe my prayers may have been answered with this site. A coworker of mine that had you as one of her College Professors turned me on to your website. This is my first time visiting your site, and after reading your blogs, I was amazed at how you have articulated exactly how I have been feeling. In the coming days, I hope to formulate my own plan for how I can become a compassionate activist. Thank you for starting this site!

ReplyQuote
maureenacooper
27/01/2017 1:10 pm  

I want to express my thanks for starting up this site. I am a Brit living in The Netherlands. The whole story of what is happening in the US haunts me. As a Brit of course, I was already carrying a real grief for the decision to leave the EU and become fortresses Britain. Amsterdam is a lovely city and the Dutch are sane and pragmatic people but even here we have Wilders and his right-wing party, which is polling well at the moment. Friends from the US pour out their frustration—and fear—on FB and friends from the UK join in from the other side of the Atlantic. These are certainly tough times but I am full of hope that the very harshness of the circumstances we find ourselves in will serve to wake us up to a more profound response. When questioned about his daughters' response to Trump's win, Obama spoke of their resilience and hope. Resilience, hope and compassionate action can bring us through.

wendywood liked
ReplyQuote
wendywood
27/01/2017 4:34 pm  

Hello Russell and all

Many thanks Russell for beginning this space for us to actively work on how we can make a difference. Like Maureen I hope we harness our power in the most compassionate way to make a positive difference.

best wishes

wendy

ReplyQuote
Josephine
28/01/2017 6:37 pm  

Hey everyone,

I came to look at your site Russell and found your words really comforting.  I am normally the storm but at the moment I guess I need some shelter. 

With thanks  

ReplyQuote
Lisa
 Lisa
29/01/2017 11:00 pm  

Hi, thanks so much for setting up this site. I have been so saddened by some of the political events over the last year and have often found them challenging to my practice of compassion. I feel encouraged by this space where we can all come together to think about these issues.

ReplyQuote
David B
30/01/2017 5:33 pm  

Russell

I congratulate you on the site. I have met you several times at training's and C.M   conference in the U.K and always enjoyed you open and honest dialogue -Thank you. I have just been reading your words on the site and felt my spirit lifted by your communications and outputs.I live in the North West of England and have felt disturbed by the actions and suddenness of the sweeping changes happening in America. I feel a sense a fear growing within myself as I observe events unfolding and human rights being swept aside daily. The need for compassion, reason and the tools for change we have developed, are now more vital than ever before. We live in times when I sense the threats have not yet fully shown themselves , I feel more is hidden and waiting to be revealed , Trump is just getting started . 

David.            

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register